Josh Heit's blog

     

Thursday, December 26, 2002

 
On the eighth day without a post...: something finally showed up!

5 of 7 on the Reality Picks, nailing everything but the top two in the Amazing Race. But OH, how I wanted to be right there. Flo is the whiniest, most annoying, WORST reality contestant in HISTORY. She only quit, I counted, 3 times in the last two legs. Zach deserves every penny of that million dollars for dragging her to the finish line. Survivor, predictable. Jan's stupid, Brian barely takes it, and that's only because Helen and Ted were mature enough to see that Brian controlled the game, and besides, Clay was a backwoods hick they liked even less. Survivor 6's coming right around the corner and so is AR4, so I'll be into those (with updated side links). Of course, also on the horizon in the coming months: Celebrity Mole: Hawaii, Star Search, Real World/Road Rules Battle of the Sexes, Joe Millionaire, the Bachelorette, AND American Idol 2. I'll watch the first, but only because I like the concept of The Mole. Not the celebrities, and NOT the fact that the programming monkeys at ABC replaced Anderson Cooper (now at CNN) with Ahmad Rashad. I might check out the next two. Maybe. Joe Millionaire? It'll be amusing, and I'll probably tune in. Bachelorette? I think it's against AR4, and I wouldn't anyway. AI2? HELL NO. I will be ranting about it, because I follow the show so that I can comment on the horror of it all. Watch this space for those.

AU Men's Basketball goes 0 and 2 last weekend, dropping an OT thriller at Charleston (a top 30 team), and then laying an egg at Fairfield (a top 200 team? Maybe?). 2 games in 3 days will do that, I suppose. I just hope it doesn't hurt when they do 5 games in 14 days, starting with Saturday's tilt vs. Elon (who beat NC-Greensboro by a point -- AU lost by a point). The women flew to play San Diego State and got ripped. To be expected, I guess, with the long flight and all (even though AU's 6-3 and SDSU's 3-4). Next up: at Elon on Monday, at UNC on Tuesday.

Will check in with more during this break, although hopefully more than once every eight days.

|

Theme? We don't need no stinkin' theme!

Emails and such to josh dot heit at gmail dot com.

Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Animated GIF: Free 

Iraq

My Other Blog

Nationals Review

Internet Communities I'm Active In

Baseball Think Factory
Television Without Pity

News Bloggers

The Command Post
Instapundit
Daniel Drezner
Mickey Kaus
Josh Marshall
Red State
Jeff Jarvis

Culture Bloggers

A Small Victory
Rachel Lucas
Tim Blair

TVGasm
Reality Blurred
Defamer
Snarkmarket

The DC Scene

DCist
Wonkette
Kelly Ann Collins
Vividblurry

Sporting MSM

Bill Simmons
Peter King
Eric Neel
Tony Kornheiser

Sports Bloggers

The Hardball Times
Off Wing Opinion
Baseball Crank
Ken Pomeroy
Baseball Toaster

Aaron Gleeman
Replacement Level Yankee Blog
MetsGeek
USS Mariner
Capitol Punishment

Humor Sites

Homestar Runner
ScrappleFace
Yard Work

Friends, Frivolities, Remainders

FARK
Paul Katcher
Not Quite Wrong
Shwa Music
Shabot 6000
Hon, interrupted
IFOC Deadpool