Josh Heit's blog

     

Sunday, February 09, 2003

 
Reality Roundup II: Time to walk the walk and make some predictions.

Joe Millionaire: Episode tomorrow (2/10) with a probable cliffhanger, although I'd assume Joe picks his girl. 2/17 is the shocker that Evan's worth 19k, and 2/24 appears to be slated for a reunion show. I'm kind of torn on what happens. Let's play with a hunch that's circulating the web lately. Evan picks Zora over Sarah tomorrow. Evan tells Zora he's not really rich on 2/17. She reveals that she knew that (he's slipped up numerous times, according to this thread). The reunion show? Not sure how it fits in.

Celebrity Mole: It's all done except for the reveal on Wednesday. Unlike Mole 2, where it was dreadfully obvious that the Mole was Bill (but I managed to picked Heather to win over Dorothy...WRONG!), there's no clear answers here. Based on the preview, it appears that Erik either wins, or is the mole. And seeing that he's won a buttload of money, I doubt the latter. So Erik wins. So is the Mole Kathy or Frederique? It could be either. I'm picking Kathy for two reasons: 1) the odd splicing of footage where she'd cleaned up with straight hair (after the fact footage? Erik has a clip or two like this too. But it could just be they were forced to replace footage lost in the studio fire), 2) the fact that's she funny and ABC execs figured the show would be a dud if she left early, and 3) she's a reality junkie. Not a solid case, but there's enough circumstantial evidence to make it hold.

Survivor: Amazon: Starts Thursday with a 90-minute episode. The tribes are men vs. women for now, but I'm guessing that holds for two episodes, tops. It's a giant red herring. There'll be a twist of some sorts early, maybe a move to put 'em both on one beach even sooner than Thailand's "merge" (Probst: "You said merge. I certainly didn't say anything to give you that impression, did I?" Probst being a snarky asshole was the best part of the last edition. But I digress.). Now to pick a winner. I'm going to use two key indicators. First is the gender pattern. I know it's random, I know the same-sex tribes could throw in a kink, but I'm going to stick with it. The second is the prime-age factor. The youngest winner of Survivor is Ethan at 27, the oldest: Tina at 40. This worked for me in S5, Brian: 34 year-old male, fit both patterns. It failed in S4: I went with Zoe, 35 year-old female. She fit. But the winner fit the pattern, in 36 year-old female Vee. So I'm sticking with it until it fails miserably. Leading us to the S6 cast. We need a prime-age female. Which doesn't leave us with much. Toss out Shawna, Heidi, Christy, and Jenna for youth. Janet's gone for age (but I'll keep the 41-year old Jeanne). JoAnna's gone because, quite frankly, she's a Vee clone, and people will watch for those (especially since Vee will have been the last winner these players have seen). Deena's a judge, like Paschal, and he finished fourth. But....no. That's just a hunch. Leaving us with Jeanne Hebert. Getting Helen vibes. While TDT thinks she might be the fourth boot, I'm thinking the spoiler might refer to Shawna, especially considering the other pre-jury boot info on her. Once again, I'm playing with hunches here. Heck, I'll take it one step further. Believing ChillOne's spoiler...FINAL FOUR: Christy, Roger, Rob, Jeanne. Eliminated in that order.

And just put here so I don't forget to add the link, and for quality recaps: Reality News Online

|

Theme? We don't need no stinkin' theme!

Emails and such to josh dot heit at gmail dot com.

Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Animated GIF: Free 

Iraq

My Other Blog

Nationals Review

Internet Communities I'm Active In

Baseball Think Factory
Television Without Pity

News Bloggers

The Command Post
Instapundit
Daniel Drezner
Mickey Kaus
Josh Marshall
Red State
Jeff Jarvis

Culture Bloggers

A Small Victory
Rachel Lucas
Tim Blair

TVGasm
Reality Blurred
Defamer
Snarkmarket

The DC Scene

DCist
Wonkette
Kelly Ann Collins
Vividblurry

Sporting MSM

Bill Simmons
Peter King
Eric Neel
Tony Kornheiser

Sports Bloggers

The Hardball Times
Off Wing Opinion
Baseball Crank
Ken Pomeroy
Baseball Toaster

Aaron Gleeman
Replacement Level Yankee Blog
MetsGeek
USS Mariner
Capitol Punishment

Humor Sites

Homestar Runner
ScrappleFace
Yard Work

Friends, Frivolities, Remainders

FARK
Paul Katcher
Not Quite Wrong
Shwa Music
Shabot 6000
Hon, interrupted
IFOC Deadpool