Josh Heit's blog

     

Wednesday, September 17, 2003

 
Yet another quickie post:

When I look back at it, I think I've done more fun stuff in the first month of school this year than I have ever in my life.

Bruce Springteen was awesome. The man can put on a show, and that's the extent of my commentary on that.

Of course, thanks to the coolest job in the world, I also was here. World-class soccer is cool that close no matter what.

I added MadPony to the blogroll. I certainly visit their site enough.

I was looking on Oliver Willis's site for a link to something else, and caught this post on Gregg Easterbrook's TNR blog. I had noticed the recycling, too, but had neglected to blog on it. Easterbrook, even more so than Dave Barry, seems to be squandering the possiblities of blogging.

Found it. In response to a bet over the Falcons-Skins game, Ricky West had to list ten reasons why a Howard Dean presidency would be good for the U.S. That's not the party I liked, but rather this, which expresses my own sentiments in much better writing than my own:

Chill out, people. We're a strong nation. One that can endure much more than some politician or policy that you abhor. We had the Harding administration, FDR trying to pack the USSC, LBJ sending kids to die in a war that we didn't try to win, Nixon trying to fire anyone who'd investigate his illegalities, Iran-Contra, Clinton lying under oath....all instances that were either despicable or illegal, and we're still here. We survived - rather well, at that. The hyperbole may make you feel better, but it's really just that: hyperbole. Ease off. No one politician is going to destroy our country.

Amen.

|

Theme? We don't need no stinkin' theme!

Emails and such to josh dot heit at gmail dot com.

Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Animated GIF: Free 

Iraq

My Other Blog

Nationals Review

Internet Communities I'm Active In

Baseball Think Factory
Television Without Pity

News Bloggers

The Command Post
Instapundit
Daniel Drezner
Mickey Kaus
Josh Marshall
Red State
Jeff Jarvis

Culture Bloggers

A Small Victory
Rachel Lucas
Tim Blair

TVGasm
Reality Blurred
Defamer
Snarkmarket

The DC Scene

DCist
Wonkette
Kelly Ann Collins
Vividblurry

Sporting MSM

Bill Simmons
Peter King
Eric Neel
Tony Kornheiser

Sports Bloggers

The Hardball Times
Off Wing Opinion
Baseball Crank
Ken Pomeroy
Baseball Toaster

Aaron Gleeman
Replacement Level Yankee Blog
MetsGeek
USS Mariner
Capitol Punishment

Humor Sites

Homestar Runner
ScrappleFace
Yard Work

Friends, Frivolities, Remainders

FARK
Paul Katcher
Not Quite Wrong
Shwa Music
Shabot 6000
Hon, interrupted
IFOC Deadpool